I was reading various blog posts with my Google Reader today and came across a few articles that are riding the excitement of Web 2.0 and appending the "2.0" nomenclature to their subject matter to attract attention. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Web 2.0 and the direction the web is going, but the 2.0 thing has got to go. Here are a few examples of what littered my feed reader today:
- Governance 2.0 - I think governance is on about 84.0 by now.
- Enterprise 2.0 - Fancy name for Web 2.0 at work, call it what it is!
- Sales 2.0 - Sales people using Web 2.0 tools, I feel the nausea kicking in now.
- CRM 2.0 - Mercy!
- Where 2.0 - Location awareness technology; O'Reilly trying to coin another 2.0.
- Business 2.0 - About as creative as Rocky V.
- Television 2.0 - Another reason why I only watch Sports Center.
- Product Development 2.0 - Stop the madness already.